The Future Think-Tank will take place on Saturday, June 8, 2019. The workshop will be held 9:00am to 3:00pm at the Smithville High School Cafeteria, 645 S Commercial Ave, Smithville. Refreshments will be provided.
The Think-Tank will bring together a group of selected key stakeholders with a broad diversity of knowledge and experience in Smithville. The Think-Tank is based on scenario-based strategic planning – a process that has been used successfully in locations across North America, Europe and elsewhere in the world.
NB: Attendance at the Think Tank is by invitation or through application
The future Think-Tank workshop content will include:
- Determination of how “future ready” Smithville is
- A review of important global, national and local trends and the impact on Smithville
- Formulation of the different plausible scenario ‘spaces’ and development of detailed narratives and descriptions of each scenario
- Examination of the impact and consequences of each scenario on various aspects of community and economic development in Smithville
- Identification of the preferred future and critical actions steps to achieve the preferred future
- The Think Tank will explore how Smithville could change over time, depending on how a few major themes played out.
- Potential action steps moving forward
The Smithville Future Think Tank will serve as the starting point for a comprehensive stakeholder engagement process to further shape Smithville’s Community Vision.
The scenarios from the Think Tank will be presented within extensive community engagement sessions which will be held in late June, 2019. The citizens of Smithville are invited to attend these community engagement sessions.
The Think Tank will be reconvened in September in order to review the results gathered from the Engagement sessions and revisit the topics outlined at the start of the overall process.