The Trotwood Future Think-Tank will take place on Saturday, June 22, 2019. The workshop will be held from 9:30am to 2:30pm at the Trotwood Community and Cultural Arts Center, 4000 Lake Center Drive, Trotwood. Lunch will be provided.
The Think-Tank will bring together a group of key community stakeholders with a broad diversity of knowledge and experience in Trotwood. The Think-Tank is based on scenario-based strategic planning – a process that has been used successfully in locations across North America, Europe and elsewhere in the world.
The future Think-Tank workshop content will include:
- Determination Trotwood’s “future readiness”
- A review of important global, national and local trends and the impact on Trotwood
- Explore initial community survey results
- Formulation of the different plausible scenario ‘spaces’ and development of detailed narratives and descriptions of each scenario
- Examination of the impact and consequences of each scenario on various aspects of Trotwood
- Identification of the preferred future and critical actions steps to achieve the preferred future
The Think-Tank will explore how Trotwood could change over time, depending on how a few major themes played out. It will also outline potential action steps moving forward. The Trotwood Future Think-Tank will serve as the starting point for a community stakeholder engagement process to further shape Trotwood’s Organizational Strategic Plan.
Attendance is via invitation or application form available from the City of Trotwood.