On June 22, 2019, approximately 60 Trotwood community stakeholders took a deep-dive into the future. Participants spent five and a half hours examining important emerging trends and crafting a range of possible future scenarios for the future of Trotwood reaching out to 2030.
The Future Think-Tank launched the City of Trotwood’s visioning and organizational strategic planning initiative focusing on:
- A review of global trends and the impact of these trends on Trotwood.
- Formulation of the different plausible scenario spaces and development of detailed narratives and descriptions of each scenario.
- Examination of the impact and consequences of each scenario on various aspects of Trotwood.
- Identification of the preferred future and critical action steps to achieve the preferred future.
- The Think-Tank explored how the City of Trotwood would change over time, depending on how a number of major themes played out.
The scenarios from the Think-Tank will be presented and further explored at focus group sessions which will be held August 27-28.