The Think Tank brought together over 50 local stakeholders with a broad diversity of knowledge and experience in relation to tourism in Tillamook County. Based on scenario-based strategic planning, the Think Tank was built on the recent Travel Oregon North Coast Tourism Studio and focused on how tourism impacts could be locally managed. The Think Tank served as the starting point for the comprehensive stakeholder engagement process to further shape the Tillamook County Strategic Vision and Action Plan for Tourism-Related Facility Investments.
Tillamook County Tourism Investment Strategic Action Plan Think Tank
The Tillamook County Tourism-Related Facility Investments Strategic Action Plan initiative’s Think Tank workshop took place on Friday 15 February 2019.
Key themes of the Future Think-Tank Tourism Workshops included:
- Project Overview and what the project intends to accomplish
- Tillamook County Tourism – planning work to date and results
- Tourism on the North Coast – challenges and opportunities
- Identification of the key “drivers” shaping the future of tourism in the area
- Formation of four plausible scenarios for the future
- Identification of the tough systemic issues facing tourism in the region
- Identification of the preferred and expected futures, and their possible implications
- Next Steps in the process