This consultation will continue the exploration into The Future of Urban living in light of the ongoing global impact of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Using the scenarios and outcomes from the 2018 consultation, among the issues which will be explored are:
- Has the pandemic redefined cities?
- If so what will be the long term consequences and changes resulting from this redefinition?
- How do we best prepare for such changes?
- Are our previous assumptions still valid and consistent, or has the pandemic changed the trajectory and course of people moving to cities and of becoming an ‘urban dwelling species’?
- With all the implications of social distancing, mandatory face coverings and other pandemic requirements, the way people live in close proximity to each other has altered. Have people retreated into their insular bubbles? Will ‘normality’ return?
The programme and participant list for this event will be released in early January 2021.