On 29 and 30 July, a group of 35 community members and stakeholders took part in the Vision 2020 Think-Tank.
The Think-Tank served as the starting point for the 6 month Park City Vision 2020 project, and brought together the group of key stakeholders with a broad diversity of knowledge, experience and perspectives on the Park City community. The workshop was based on scenario-based strategic planning, a process that has been used successfully in locations across North America, Europe and elsewhere in the world.
The Think-Tank content included:
- Determining how “future ready” Park City is
- A review of important global, national and local trends
- Identification of the key “drivers” shaping the future
- Formation of four plausible scenarios for the future of Park City
- Identification of the preferred and expected future, and implications
- Potential action steps
Attendance at the Think-Tank was by invitation or application
The Think-Tank will be reconvened in November 2019, after a succession of community wide engagement sessions throughout the summer of 2019.