- Exploration of residential density levels and consideration of best placement options
- Definition of neighborhood nodes and potential community hubs
- Finding ways to expand diverse housing options to accommodate future population growth needs
The Housing and Neighborhood Options Task Force works on integrating the strategic pillar ‘Diverse housing and neighborhood options’ into the comprehensive planning process.
Task Force members have been actively engaged in discussion topics on the project portal and are working on a digital assignment to submit photos of the types of housing they would like to see in Smithville over the next ten years. Additional work includes:
- Consideration of different cluster developments with mix of housing, greenspace and amenities
- Exploration of ways to provide more live/work and professional space options in the 169 South Character Area