- Further defining the broad concept of a Downtown Community Oasis for Smithville
- Exploration of the types of businesses best suited to the Downtown Community Oasis
- Collection of ideas for intersection development at Main Street and Hwy 169
The Small-town Feel and Sense of Community Task Force works on integrating the strategic pillar, ‘Retention of small-town feel and sense of community’ into the comprehensive planning process.
Task Force members have been actively engaged in discussion topics on the project portal and are working on a digital assignment to submit photos of what they think the best ‘Small-town feel’ and ‘Sense of community’ looks like in Smithville over the next ten years. Additional work includes:
- Exploring the use of landscape and urban design that fosters a small-town feel
- Consideration of agriculture’s role in Smithville’s future development