- In anticipation of a Parks and Recreation Masterplan, where and how to further connect the trail system throughout the City, in particular with the Lake and recreation areas
- Consideration of the potential for a Riverwalk along the Little Platte River
- Study of community desire for and sensitivity to Lake development
The Recreation and Connectivity Task Force works on integrating the strategic pillar, ‘Enhanced recreation and connectivity’ into the comprehensive planning process.
Task Force members have been actively engaged in discussion topics on the project portal, particularly around the topics of trails and building more multimodal north-south mobility for Smithville community members. Additional work includes:
- Exploring ways to enhance social infrastructure throughout the City
- Exploring the potential annexation of parts of Smith Fork Park