Applications due by 1 May, 2019
The Future Think Tank will take place on Saturday, June 8, 2019. The workshop will be held 9:00am to 3:00pm at the Smithville High School, 645 S Commercial Ave, Smithville.
The Think Tank will bring together a group of selected key stakeholders with a broad diversity of knowledge and experience in Smithville. The Think Tank is based on scenario-based strategic planning – a process that has been used successfully in locations across North America, Europe and elsewhere in the world.
The future ThinkTank workshop content will include:
- Determination of how “future ready” Smithville is
- A review of important global, national and local trends and the impact on Smithville
- Formulation of the different plausible scenario ‘spaces’ and development of detailed narratives and descriptions of each scenario
- Examination of the impact and consequences of each scenario on various aspects of community and economic development in Smithville
- Identification of the preferred future and critical actions steps to achieve the preferred future
- The Think Tank will explore how Smithville could change over time, depending on how a few major themes played out.
- Potential action steps moving forward
The Smithville Future Think Tank will serve as the starting point for a comprehensive stakeholder engagement process to further shape Smithville’s Community Vision.
Ideal candidates to apply to attend the Think Tank will be:
- forward thinking and positive,
- have a willingness to share knowledge and experience of Smithville
- and be committed to attending and actively participating through the duration of the Think Tank.