The Think-Tank took place on Monday, March 25, 2019 at the Sherman Center, Dakota Wesleyan University, Mitchell.
The Think-Tank brought together a group of almost 100 selected key stakeholders with a broad diversity of knowledge and experience in Mitchell.
The future Think-Tank workshop content included:
- Introduction to the Community Vision and Strategic Action Plan project
- Examination and discussion of significant trends shaping the future of Mitchell
- Preliminary Community Survey results and an introduction to Scenario Planning
- Formulation of the different plausible scenario ‘spaces’ and development of detailed narratives and descriptions of each scenario
- Identification of the preferred future and critical actions steps to achieve the preferred future
- Potential action steps moving forward
- Next Steps in the project
The scenarios from the Think Tank will be presented within extensive community engagement sessions which will be held April 7, 8, and 9, 2019. Further community engagement sessions will be held April 25, 26 and 17, 2019. The citizens of Mitchell are invited to attend these community engagement sessions.